Wednesday 25 December 2013

Merry Christmas - an insight into a dysfunctional family.

Merry Christmas!

                       As my first entry on my new blog, it was only suiting to not only wish you a Merry Christmas, but also introduce you to the lack of holiday cheer that occurs in my family.

  Due to my sister's evening work schedule - we actually decided we would open gifts when she was done her shift - AT 3:00am in the bloody morning. Opening presents half asleep and miserable because you were woken up during the deepest part of your sleep is anything but joyous.


                            The rest of our "festivities" were anything but your normal events on Christmas. I slaved in the kitchen for over 2 hours making a breakfast that later was forgotten about. 

                            We carried out with our dinner reservation...yes, reservation at the Mandarin. Where we were greeted by single people who had no where to go for the holidays and the entire population of the retirement home down the street, as well as a few classy folks that thought table manners and behaviour around food consisted off picking your nose and or teeth in public while waiting for you beef roast to be cut. 

                              Besides the smell of sticky feet, it was a great experiences, I guess. Santa came in for a visit and my younger sister and I had our usual back and forth crazy banter that attracts laughs from anyone around us who decides to listen to our conversations. 

Later on, I will go into detail about the people who know me the best, and got the best of gifts and the one gift I received by someone who SHOULD know me well, that was .... not me at all. It's a glorious tale and I'm sure it was situtaitons like this one that invented the holiday tradition of re-gifting. 

I'm now about to go relax with my mother, watching a movie and soak our feet in our matching foot spas. 

On a very serious note:

I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. I hope it is one filled with loved ones and good memories. Christmas is not about the gifts you receive but more about the love you receive through those gifts. You may not always see eye to eye with your family and loved ones, but the fact that they are all willing to come together and exchange gifts with you, often show they love and care for you.

Have a Happy Holiday!

Love, B

Here's a sneak peek into the cute sweater my mother bought me...... It's mustaches and adorable- LOVE IT   

No comments:

Post a Comment